Thursday, June 14, 2007

surrendering

Jesus died for me.”  Yup, we know this very well. The meaning of this has somehow been lost on us as we go on with our daily lives. It has become some sort of cliché, some sort of familiar statement that has something to do with the foundations of Christianity.

 

Do we truly understand the magnitude of such claim? That this means that our lives were BOUGHT at the price of Jesus’ life? GIPALIT; GIBAYRAN.  This life- this body, soul and spirit that we have -no longer belongs to us. The rightful owner is already JESUS. Who then are we to say na unfair kaayo, or i don’t want to, or unyanakaysakitmangud when God wants us to surrender something?

 

HELLO. Reality check. Ngano man tawon ta mag-struggle2x nga d mani atoa nga kinabuhi oi? Sometimes bitaw, we are just plain spoiled. Mga feelers kaayo. Good thing God has much much love and patience with us. Kay If I were God, I would’ve struck myself with lightning a long time ago kay dugayan kaayo, daghan arte.

 

If we could just get it that our lives are not our own, we would not be struggling too much when the Lord asks something from us- which reminds me, I have to buy myself a hammer so I could daily hit my head with this truth.

 

Enough na drama nako Lord uy. I have decided in cold blood that you can bring it on. If you want it, hala sige, kuwaa na! I know You are worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Love's as hard as nails, Love is nails

    Blunt, thick, hammered through
    The medial nerves of One
    Who, having made us, knew
    The thing He had done,
    Seeing (what all that is)
    Our cross, and His.

    -c.s. lewis

    (stumbled on this while reading a bl0g at http://www.beautyfromtheheart.org/2006/12/love-is-nails_23.html)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. We can be so selfish and forget about the great sacrifice Jesus made for us and all He has asked for in return is that we love and honor Him and love our fellow man. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete