my birthday started on Friday night, with Jane Chris and I watching Swan Lake at the Novaya Opera. It was the start of the Ballet Festival in Moscow and this was the first show. It was very nice. the ballerina was terrific.
On Saturday, i wanted a quiet birthday, giving myself a treat at some quiet place. but that didnt happen. had to wake up early because it was a declared working day *sob* in Russia because there will be a 4 day weekend starting June 12. of all the saturdays in the year, the working day had to be on my birthday! anyways, im glad there was work. my colleague friends gave me gifts and my audit team surprised me with roses. awww.
After that, Sasha and friends informed me that they organised a birthday party for me. They invited people and planned everything. As they said, all I had to do was show up :-D I wasnt really planning on anything because I wanted a quiet day but I was pressured because they told me that if i didnt show up, they would still celebrate my birthday anyway. :-D
So we went to BB King, a jazz bar somewhere. It was a pretty cute place. and the jazz was nice. they gave a lot of toasts for me. After that place, we went to a Russian retro club. Horrible! think dancing to the wowowee song or Dayang dayang! the russians were singing and dancing along with the music. they were jumping and jig-ging! had a fun night.
On Sunday, as I did not get my quiet birthday, I decided to have a date with myself. I took out my new toy and went to the Red Square. took a lot of pictures. After that, went to a Chokoladnitsa (i think it means chocolaterie) and talked with Jesus.
and it did not rain over the whole weekend (the forecast was a rainy one). although it was cold, it was sunny!
This 26th year is going to be an exciting one! :-D
very wonderful words! happy birthday! =)
ReplyDeleteHappy 26th year Mich! (",)
ReplyDeletei didnt forget jud your birthday mitch, but i wasnt able to go online after the wedding kai kapoy...ehhehe..belated birthday greetings and lots of blessings to you!!!
ReplyDeleteok ra jazz ui... thanks everyone!! :-)))
ReplyDeleteyou got 2 from my bday wishlist! a surprise, and a bouquet! hahaha :P
ReplyDeleteei, happy happy birthday mitch!!! just continue to enjoy life's adventures! God bless! =)
ReplyDeletewow buti ka pa 2 boys :p
ReplyDelete