Sunday, July 1, 2007

comfort zones

Why is it that every time I get a bit settled and comfortable with the way my life is going, God always, ALWAYS uproots me out of my comfort zone and drops me off someplace uncomfortable (at times,dangerous)?

 

It started when I passed my board exam. I went to Cebu because I actually suffered (no joke) when I started to entertain the thought of just staying in Cagayan for work. I really fought with all the doubts and the fact that nobody wanted me to leave. Everyone was against my going to Cebu. But still, I went although it was all steps in the dark. And when I was finally starting to understand why I was supposed to go to Cebu and I was just starting to settle and have a good time there, He then hurls me to Manila! Oh how I promised before that time that I would never, ever stay for long in fast-paced Manila (to think I was born and raised in Manila). Hah! I actually settled and worked here in Manila for almost 4 years until now. And guess what, now that I’m starting to love it here in Manila (goodness. It took me almost 4 years to like it here) because I already have lots of friends, a really, really good career, and a bright, predictable future, God sends me off to (tadaa!) Russia!!! Oh God. This is so typical of you. You always have the knack of making me squirm. I feel like a kindergarten kid who wants to pee but can’t raise her hand to ask the teacher to excuse her- so she resorts to being fidgety in her seat.

 

I can only scratch my head in response because despite all my complaints, dramas of running away (ala-Jonah type) and everything, I wouldn’t dare (and don’t want to) disobey Him. I know He will hound me with it until I give in. Hahaha.

8 comments:

  1. wow, russia... tugnaw.. hehe.. thought you had plans coming here and now it's russia. ingats mitch!Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah..nag-ask ko about dubai para nila mac2x, brinee, glen and nikki. magkita ta puhon somewhere ha.daghan na ta OFWs.hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is positioning you to be His ambassadres..

    ReplyDelete
  4. lagi, duol duol ra ba ang middle east sa russia diba? kita ta sa europe. char!Ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing to be able to experience different places. Just let the Lord guide you and you will never be in the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing jud ang plans ni Lord. pray for me ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is a blessing! am learning to understand and enjoy the ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for inviting me to be your contact. I look forward to hearing all the new adventures you have. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete