Okay so now is my first day at the Moore Stephens Office in
1. I have to get to 3 stops before I get to the office. You have to understand that as a newcomer, the Metro is like a life and death experience. It is sooooo old and rickety that as it speeds through the tunnels, the lights inside the trains go off and it sways from side to side. It doesn’t help that the Metro runs like 300 kph. There is no air-conditioning and therefore, the “spicy” smell of the people around me really overpowered the train.
2. I rode on the wrong side of the escalator inside the Metro station and therefore, I got a lot nasty words that I didn’t understand. :p
3. The heel of my FAVORITE shoe broke off as I got off the escalator because the escalators are also fast, like 100 kph whatever. *SOB* totally broken!!!
4. I had to go to the office in flip flops. Remember friends, this is my first day in the office!!!!
5. I was introduced to the people in flip flops, which of course did not match with my corporate outfit!!! :p I was introduced to Dimitri, my very, very gwapo lawyer seatmate. It was so embarrassing. hehehe.
6. I do not understand even ONE BIT of anything that the people around me where saying! My head hurts. (Happy, I need you!!)
7. I couldn’t buy a sim card! (Globe!!!! You said there’s roaming here!)
8. Going home, I got scolded at the Metro again because I was in the middle of the traincar, with my hands full of bags, and I couldn’t move because the freakin train was going fast!
9. There were no supermarkets in sight and I had to buy food and water!
All these events compose my whole day. You could just imaging how bad my day was that when I got back to the hotel, I bawled my eyes out to God till my head hurts silly from all my crying.
What did He say? Stay. He brought me here and He will sustain me. If it weren’t for my decision to follow Him no matter what happens, I would’ve been on the next flight out of
Tomorrow, I will no longer have Yelena to accompany me inside the Metro. I am left alone to explore it. Hopefully, by God’s grace, I will arrive at wherever I should be (I couldn’t litok the name of the place).
errrr... the best nga.
ReplyDeleteYou'd have a great story to tell about your first day, how's that? ;)
hahaha..sobra the best talga yung kahapon. but today's better (tuesday). i got to the office really early and im proud to say na i didnt get lost naman. and i already wore flip flops going to the office coz i might break another heel. hahahah.
ReplyDeleteHi Mitch! Sa start lang na. You will breeze your way through Moscow-nian life sooner than you think. Hay naku life abroad. There's always a first time. It's a grand adventure. Keep the faith! :-)
ReplyDeletewow dami bloopers ah, but at least that made your first day super memorable. by the way ano hitsura ng Moscow? heheheh ;P
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear of your first day being so bad but your faith will see you through. In no time you will feel like a pro and look back on your first day and have a laugh.
ReplyDeletehahaha..bitaw.i was thinking, its some sort of initiation i have to go through. lessons to learn!
ReplyDeletei know Jesus will get me through this.haha.. :)
ReplyDeleteYou will survive and thrive. Keep the positive attitude.
ReplyDeleteawww mitch! :(
ReplyDeleteit will get better, you will kick ass and....
pag inigat na kang dmitiri! karon na! hahahahahha
hahahahha...naa pa language barrier mags! magcrash course sako ug russian. haha..
ReplyDeletegrabeeh, kakaiba talaga mga adventures/misadventures mu dyan...hehe...stay strong and faithful sa Kanya! at least bumawi naman kay dimitri...ingatz! =)
ReplyDelete