Last Friday, I was busy working and minding my own business when my greek manager, whose workstation is in front of me and who by the way happens to be very very cute (hehe adlib lang), suddenly asked me if I had one wish, just one wish, what would it be? From the top of my head, well I said of course I would want to win the lottery so that I won’t have to work anymore. Id just travel to all the places that I want to go to and just like work for some non-profit organization like UNICEF or something. And I don’t know where the conversation went that we were then talking about God and cruelty and would I have someone killed for 10 million dollars and all those philosophical stuff. I was having a hard time explaining why I wouldnt have someone killed for money because he was rebutting everything I said! He is an agnostic and he doesn’t believe in God. And there I was, stammering about what I said about Jesus!! In the end, what I said were just babblings and I know it showed. It was a disaster. Where was all the unction I had before for sharing and preaching the Word? The moment was so unexpected and that is so not the question to ask me while I am totally engrossed on studying the Karpensky and Vostochny-Makarovskoye subsalt and supra-salt reserves in
Until now, I am actually thinking about it. Come to think of it, what should have been my answer? I mean, yeah, Im in a place where people don’t know God. Where people don’t actually acknowledge a God. They don’t know the Bible and they don’t know Jesus and Sunday and Christmas is just another regular day for them. I tried to explain to Chris that I believe in God and the Bible because I experience God and the Bible in my life. But he just chalked it up as a theory I believe in because of my religion and cultural upbringing. He doesn’t believe and hasn’t read the Bible, why would he believe me? I couldn’t use it as a basis because for him, it was just a book. How would these people know that I have something different? How would they distinguish me as someone who has Jesus and that Im not just a good-natured person?
Grabeh. My life Lord. The Russians are demanding to see this Jesus in my life. Not in my words. But in my every-single-living-breathing action in life.
And I see so much the gap between my life and the life Jesus lived. I still have a long way to go, Dad. GRAACCEE!!!!! I call on you one million times!!
;-) yes, mitch, it's His grace alone that will enable you to shine and walk as Jesus walked. all we have to do is submit coz by our own strength alone, we can't do it. it's Him in us and through us that we glorify Him. He sees and honors that desire in your heart, dar. and i'm looking forward to what He'll do in you and through you. i love you dar! it's a pleasure and a privilege to be His daughter indeed.
ReplyDeletehi mitch...grabe naman pla dyan...anyways, just continue to hold on...i believe that He has a purpose for you there...in His time...God bless! ;p
ReplyDeleteIt can be hard when we are caught off guard. Just keep striving to live the life that Jesus wants you too and you will be a shining example for many people. May God give you the wisdom to know how to answer any more questions.
ReplyDeleteamen. so be it.;-)
ReplyDelete