Friday, August 10, 2007

wala lang..now i know..hehe.

Some wala-lang-chikka from my day to day experiences here in Moscow. Just stalling time coz I don’t want to start working pa.

 

1.       Hahaha.. its funny because they SO don’t speak english. When they (my clients) talk to me, its like pulling teeth. Its just plain excruciating hearing them pause 15 seconds before saying something in english. I really should learn the russian language if Im going to stay long.

2.       In my first week, I was really wondering why russians, regardless of age, fashion sense and gender, are always aszin always carrying plastic bags with them. When I ride the metro (subway), I even count people who carry the plastic bags and most of the time, its usually 70-80% of the people in the train car Im riding in. hehe. Now I know why. The shops/groceries seldom give plastic bags when you buy something from them. Its bring your own plastic “пакѐт” here or else you’ll carry your food in your arms or they’ll give you a trash bag to put your goodies in :p haha.

3.       Russians are pretty straightforward and impatient people. So no offense-offense jud or they will eat you up alive and won’t even care.

4.       They’re not like us pinoys who think of others’ welfare or feelings first. Walay Atenista dari (men and women for others!). Its each man for himself.

5.       Russians are very very praning about security. I think it has something to do with their spy-spy chorvala. Buildings have access cards at ALL entrances (gates,floors,offices,rooms). Even in my flat, theres a sensor at the main entrance, 2 locks in my floor and 3 locks in my flat. Hahaha.. when I go out everyday, have to allot 5 minutes for locking and unlocking all the doors and gates. And ang keys are not ordinary, theyre the ancient ones where you have to feel the lock pa if it will catch.

6.       Ive also learned to love the Metro na. I could understand the operator announce the stations already. The picture below is the Moscow metro system..all those circles are stations. scary noh?

 

                                                         

 

7.       [these are for my fellow auditor-friends] Hay na! now I know what it feels like to be a senior :p it sucks when your staff is reaally helpless and you have to teach him everything and then you have a lot of other responsibilities to fulfill. Patience is a virtue I need very much. I repent from all my binuang when I was just a staff. Hahaha.

8.       People drink beer/vodka/kvas/any liquor anywhere. aszin anywhere! especially on Thursdays and Fridays. People sitting on the sidewalks or riding the metro, basta everywhere, are  drinking. Drinking is like yosi breaks lang here!

9.       Food is very. very! expensive here. aszin. what I eat for lunch here (salads,veggies,fruits) is equivalent to me eating out in Italianni’s Greenbelt already.

10.    Ive finally discovered the malls.. hihihih.. I am so excited!! European brands galore. Mango and Zara are just retail here. like SM! Cant wait for sweldo time. Hehehe..

10 comments:

  1. "Cant wait for sweldo time." - hahaha!! my favorite time of the month..

    'bout the plastic bag thingy i think dapat dito sa pinas ganyan din para save mother earth =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah..sobra lang..sana end of the month na..iniintay nako ng malls..heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss riding an MRT.. hahaha esp those in amsterdam.. hahaha i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mao jud.. hehe.. i like people watching mao interesting jud cya for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting culture...nalingaw ko :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. talaga? coolness. :)

    Pasalubong ko from zara and mango then wahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe..lingaw bitaw cla..lahi jud kaayo sa atong culture

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahahahaha..pag bday mo, maybe..haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. "aszin" scary...hahhaa...if i get lost riding the jeepney here, does that mean im hopeless in russia? i survived singapore though...^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha.. i think kaya ra nimo but not alone though. :)

    ReplyDelete